Tigers are the biggest of the big cats. There are some 6 subspecies of tigers in existence today, the Siberian tiger being the largest of them all. Tigers are on the endangered species list, they live in scattered parts of Asia, as far South as Indonesia and as far north as Siberia. Unlike many other animals, tigers don't form groups but travel and spend most of the time alone. They like water and make pretty good swimmers.
Tigers are a popular subject for wildlife artists, and it is easy see why, their interesting facial features and black stripes are a joy to paint. I know I had fun making the digital painting pictured at the top of the page.
Buy tiger lover products and gift items such as mugs and clocks from Zazzle
- Tigers are thought to have originated in Siberia
- their night vision is six times better than that of humans
- they don't like the heat and will lie in water to cool off
- the smallest tiger is the Sumatran
- tigers have their own unique stripe pattern in the way fingerprints are unique to each person
- stripes are also found on the skin
- tigers can live to around 25 years of age
See more wildlife art